CVOID-19 Update 25.04.20

We write to update you as to where we currently stand with regards to Coronavirus, 4 weeks on from our previous statement and 5 weeks on from closing the doors.

We are, of course, at all times guided by the Government advice and we very much understand that these of you hosting events with us this year will be concerned.  

WEDDINGS

We understand that these are uncertain times. We have arrived at solutions for all of our Weddings in April and May as it became very clear that these would not go ahead. Our focus is currently on those Weddings booked in June and July. Hampshire County Council Registrations Service have released new guidance on rescheduling upcoming ceremonies. HCC advise that before contacting the ceremonies team you look at https://www.hants.gov.uk/birthsdeathsandceremonies 

Where possible, and Government advice willing, we will try and reschedule all 2020 weddings into this year. Sadly, popularity of ‘Saturday’ 2021 dates means we are unable simply delay everything into next year, but, we will look at everything on a case by case basis, and work to find something that works for everybody.

At present, (25.04.2020) we feel that those who have weddings in June should prepare to reschedule. We advise on looking at potential new date and alternative arraignments now, so we have a backup plan in place in case the ‘route from lockdown’ plan due to be announced by the Government, at the end of the current 3 week lockdown cycle, on May 7th, is not as favourable to the hospitality industry as we would like. We stress that at this point in time this should be considered a backup plan and would advise against making a final decision on moving dates until we know further information from the Government.

For the time being, we advise that those with weddings in July hold tight for the time being. We are working through weddings in date order and will in touch in due course. Should you have any concerns, please do let us know. 

EVENTS & OTHER FUNCTIONS

We believe we have a plan in place for all other events that were due to take place up until the end of May. If you have an event due to be hosted with us in June, we will be in touch after May 7th to discuss a plan moving forwards.  

We will review our position following further advice from the Government, around 7th May

For now, we wish you all the very best of health in the weeks ahead

The Half Moon